Coconut-Oatmeal Biscotti (a low fat treat)
1 cup regular Quaker Oats
1 cup flaked sweetened coconut
1/2 cup chopped pecans, toasted
1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour (about 7 3/4 ounces)
1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup light coconut milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1/2 cup white chocolate chips (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Combine first 3 ingredients in a food processor; process until finely ground. Lightly spoon flour into dry measuring cups; level with a knife. Combine oat mixture, flour, baking powder, salt, and sugar in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Combine milk, vanilla, and eggs in a small bowl; stir with a whisk until well blended. Add egg mixture to flour mixture, stirring just until moist.
3. Turn dough out onto a floured surface; knead lightly seven times with floured hands. Shape dough into a 15 x 3–inch log on a parchment paper–lined baking sheet; pat to 1-inch thickness.
4. Bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Remove roll from baking sheet; cool on a wire rack.
5. Cut roll diagonally into 18 (1/2-inch) slices. Place, cut sides down, on baking sheet. Reduce oven temperature to 325°; bake 18 minutes. Turn cookies over; bake an additional 18 minutes (cookies will be slightly soft in center but will harden as they cool). Remove from baking sheet; cool completely on wire rack.
6. (optional) Place chips in a small microwave-safe bowl; microwave at HIGH 30 seconds or until almost melted, stirring until smooth; spread evenly over tops of biscotti.
Servings: 18 Servings